Thursday 16 December 2010

Research and Development: Ocean Test 03

Whilst I was fairly familiar with oceans and its attributes, it seemed like a good idea to start the stormy ocean. I managed to use very similar settings from my previous scene to start with. From here it was much easier to set up from here. I also experimented with fog and cloud to achieve some very nice results. Here are a collection of some of the working images.


I initially started with the waves. I used my previous setting as a basis for this one





Here I tried to experiment with particles to give rain in our scene



I found that instead of using particles in their standard "points" display setting, we could use streaks and multi-streaks to develop create rain.



Interestingly, the clouds in this background are a dynamics example inbuilt to maya. Using this as a basis, we got a close result to what we wanted.


with all of these in place, we felt that the scene required some more depth and atmosphere. Ollie Kane suggested that we could use fog to achieve this. Again using an inbuilt fluid example in maya as a basis,we created the following.







No comments:

Post a Comment