Tuesday 14 December 2010

Research and Development: Ocean Test 02

Having worked on the ocean shots over, I could simply not create the effect that I wanted. 

I found that starting a fresh often was better than amending something which was already incorrect. In this way I created six to seven attempts.

My final attempt was more promising and I developed a systematic way of approach. By now I rela



 Maya Ocean: Default


 My first approach is set the ocean scale, wave speed and wave direction. I generally found that these should be established first and not altered after.  Once this is set- then we can begin adjusting wave lengths etc.

In the following example, I set the turbulence of shorter wavelengths to by higher than the turbulence of large waves.

 The following shows the simple change observed when one switches to a mental ray render.



This is closer to the style that i was trying to achieve- achieved by tweaking the settings of the ocean colour. 











I soon discovered a key change which altered the entire look of the scene. By creating a Physical Sky. I was very pleased with the result. It seemed that including the sky completely altered







And now with Final Gather, we had an ocean that seemed vastly better than what we began with.


No comments:

Post a Comment