Tuesday 9 November 2010

The Dining Room, Kitchen and everything in it!

Just to understand the feel of the oriental kitchen I felt it would be a good idea to mildly study oriental cuisines and more importantly the dishes they are served in. It may be difficult to find things such as every day cutlery from the exact century that was recovered from a Junk ship. The functionality of certain things will not change so drastically over time. Things like bowls, cups etc can probably best guessed by viewing currently used similar items and adapting the style of what currently is, to the style it may have been (using references from better preserved artifacts). However if in my research I do discover more information that gives me a better idea of specific items, I will be sure to amend my work. I do feel that as long as the audience is convinced of its authenticity, then there will be no problem. Its quite likely that less than one person in a crowd of people would notice the difference between a 14th century bowl and a 15th! This is just a mention on the limitations of ones research.  It is more important to me at this moment that the essence of an olden Chinese Kitchen is captured. Here are a few helpful photos. 


Tools/Pots/Facilities






Colours/Textures




























No comments:

Post a Comment